“They’re rich in nutrients and low in calories, which makes them a great nutritional benefit,” she says. “A wide variety of each is suggested each day to reach the recommended 5-9 servings.”
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add the fruit and mint to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the lime and honey.
- Add the lime and honey mixture to the fruit and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts per serving (6 servings)
Calories 120, Fat 0g, Total Carbohydrate 30g- Fiber 6g, Sugar 20g, Protein 2g, Sodium 4mg
—- Fruit salads a healthy dish for summer cookouts —