Rallies are planned Tuesday (Dec. 17) throughout the area on the eve of the U.S. House vote on the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
The Nobody is Above the Law mobilization will take place at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday ahead of the expected House vote on Wednesday (Dec. 18).
Organizers say the rallies will form the closing arguments for the House to impeach Trump and call on the U.S. Senate to remove him.
More than 500 events are planned across the country to demand Congress impeach and remove Trump from office, according to the activist organization MoveOn.
Only two presidents have ever been impeached.
MoveOn leaders contend that the impeachment inquiry has laid out clear evidence of Trump bribing a foreign government to interfere in our elections and obstructing justice when trying to hide his crimes from Congress and the American people.
Organizers say tens of thousands of people are expected at the Nobody is Above the Law events.
Area rallies will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at:
- Wilder Mansion, 211 S. Prospect Ave., Elmhurst
- The area on the Jackson Avenue sidewalk across from Egg Harbor Café, 175 Jackson, Naperville
- Tower Green, 916 Hillgrove Ave., Western Springs
- The corner of Northwest Highway and Main Street in Mount Prospect
- Glenview Veterans Memorial, located at River Drive and Glenview Road
- Federal Plaza, located at Dearborn and Adams streets in Chicago
- Fountain Square, located at the intersection of Sherman Avenue, Davis Street and Orrington Avenue in Evanston
- “The Pointe” near Target, 5580 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake
- Peace Corner in Memorial Park, 101 Lincoln Highway, DeKalb
- Woodstock Square, 121 W. Van Buren St.
- S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger’s office, 628 Columbus St., Ottawa
- The corner of Arlington Heights Road and Northwest Highway in Arlington Heights
- The clock in Downtown Belleville Square, located at Illinois and Main streets
- S. Rep. Ann Wagner’s office, 301 Sovereign Court, Ballwin, Mo.
- The Campustown intersection — Main & University streets, Peoria
- Uptown Normal Circle, 11 Uptown Circle
- S. Rep. Rodney Davis’ office, 2004 Fox Drive, Champaign
- Racine (Wis.) County Courthouse, 730 Wisconsin Ave.