Naperville Mayor Steve Chirico signed an executive order May 4 that limits on-street parking daily on several streets in the Central Business District to 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m., seven days a week.
The order took effect on Tuesday, May 5.
Impacted streets include:
– Chicago Avenue from Main Street to Washington Street
– Jackson Avenue from Webster Street to Washington Street
– Jefferson Avenue from Webster Street to Ellsworth Street
– Main Street from Benton Avenue to Jackson Avenue
– Van Buren Avenue from Webster Street to Washington Street
– Water Street from Webster Street to Main Street
– Webster Street from Benton Avenue to Jackson Avenue
This order aims to ease hardships on businesses that have had to modify to takeout operations due to the COVID-19 outbreak by increasing their ability to more efficiently fulfill curbside pick-up orders.
Longer-term parking will still be accommodated in downtown parking lots and garages.